Do you want to keep your Instagram data to save, manage or even delete it? Here’s how to get there from A to Z.
If you want to delete your instagram account or just keep your Insta data to save on a hard drive, it is often useful to have access to this data and download it. For that, here are our tips and tricks to have access your data, download it, but also to remove them. We even explain how to clear your Instagram cache! Here we go.
How to download the data file of your Instagram account?
After explaining how post to instagram from computer, let’s tackle Instagram data. No matter what reason leads you to download your instagram data, it is always useful to know how to do it. This can be particularly interesting for keeping this account information as a backup in case of account closure or hacking, for example. So, here is how to recover your Instagram data and download it.
Recover your blocked or hacked account
- First, log in to your Instagram account.
- Either your account is deactivated or blockedplease: Access the complaint form: https://help.instagram.com/contact/606967319425038.
- Otherwise you can also change your instagram password : https://help.instagram.com/409847499070242/.
- But also, it is possible to access the help form for Insta hacks: https://help.instagram.com/149494825257596/.
Download Instagram data
- Once you’re signed in, go to settings.
- Click on the “Security and Privacy” tab.
- Select ” Download your data“.
- There you must identify yourself again with your email and password.
- Press on ” request a download“.
- 48 hours later , you should receive an email with a link. The latter will allow you to download your Instagram data file.
How do I transfer information from one account to another Insta account?
So please note that you cannot transfer your Insta data to a new account. On the other hand, it is possible to migrate this information by hand . so you can partially migrate this information to another account, THEN permanently delete your Insta data on the old account (tutorial in the next point). Be careful though, this technique is time consuming.
- So create a new instagram accountin which you will manually and partially “transfer” your data.
- Once created, you will be able to move your subscribers. Please note that moving them automatically is not possible. On the contrary, you can inform all your subscribers by posting a messagedirect and massive Or publish an information message regarding your new Insta account through a message published in the description.
- As to publications the best would be manually republish them . Either way, you have no choice. For this, the best solution is download your data Instagram, as explained in the previous tutorial. Thus, you will have all your photos already edited downloaded, you will only have to republish and to add hashtags and description. But keep in mind that this takes a long time.
You will have understood, currently it is it is not possible to efficiently transfer ALL your dataInsta from one account to another. However, Instagram has already said that this feature could be coming to its app soon.
SEE ALSO : The best tools to use Instagram like a pro
Permanently delete your cached data on Instagram: instructions
If you wish delete your insta account, it is normal to want to download your data or delete it permanently to prevent the app from being able to store it. Please note that you can only delete your datastaff. Your photos and profile data can only be deleted manually. Here’s how to delete your Insta data by clearing the app’s cache:
Clear Instagram cache on Android
- Sign in to your Instagram account.
- Go to settings.
- Here you will find the option “Empty cache”. Select the option for the cache to be cleared from your phone.
Delete Instagram data on iOS
- To clear your cached data on iPhone, there is only one solution. Must uninstall the app and then reinstall it.
- How to do ? Go to your iPhone settings.
- Go to the “general” section and then to ” storage ” .
- Wait for it to load and scroll down until you find “Instagram”.
- Click on the app in the list and select“Delete app”. Confirm.
- Once the app is uninstalled, go tothe app storeand reinstall it.