Do you want to post photos, videos or stories or send a message on Instagram, but through a PC? So here is the way to go!
We already show you how put dark mode on instabut did you know that it is also possible to use Instagram on a PC ? Unlike SnapChat, Instagram has a browser-based version of its social network. Therefore, it is entirely possible to go to Instagram through a computer portable or stationary.
In addition to having the possibility of downloading the application through your desk, you can go directly to Instagram.com and access your user profile, direct messages, real messages and feed. If you don’t know how, here’s how. We will also tell you what it is. possible to do on Insta on PC or what is not available compared to the mobile version. He went.
Why use Instagram on a computer?
There are multitudes of reasons that may make you want to use Instagram on PC. In our experience, for example, when working on social networks, it is usually interesting to centralize your work tools on your computer. This allows you, among other things, to unpair your phone from work by using your PC for work-related tasks. For community managerposting your posts on Instagram on the computer, perhaps a real profit.
This also allows you to have on your computer our instagram stats, which you can transfer to your client files or to your audience statistics report files that you have on a PC. Plus, it allows you to go back and forth less when posting. Example: when you edit a photo in Photoshop, which has your videos and photos on PC because you transferred them from your smartphone. But also, when you make an Insta post on it can go, etc. In short, it saves you time instead of transfer pictures to mobile to publish them through the application.
You can even save time by using Insta on PC+ Premium App Preview on the computer to schedule your posts to your direct Instagram account on PC. Access the preview: https://thepreviewapp.com/
Another reason that can lead you to go to Instagram on PC. You may only want to browse Insta on a computer. Simply !
SEE ALSO : How to make money on Instagram?
How to go to Instagram on your PC?
To go to Instagram on a PC, nothing could be simpler. You have two solutions. Download the application through its store on the computer or use browser-based social network.
Download Instagram app on PC
First, go to your store on your computer. On Mac, go to the “applications” folder or the mac app store from your computer. On the other computers, go to the Microsoft Store. Type “Instagram” and download the app. Please note that on Mac, some versions do not allow you to download the Instagram app. In this case, the second option is prescribed in the browser.
Go to Insta through a browser similar to Google
To go to Instagram on your PC, you can absolutely use Browser. This is also the most recommended option for practicality reasons and to avoid unnecessarily cluttering your storage with an app.
- So, to access Insta on PC, you simply need to go to the official website, on the Instagram login page : https://www.instagram.com/accounts/login/
- Then enter one of your identifiers and your instagram password. This will be the same login information as on mobile. Press “connect”.
- You are now in your Instagram account. Before you access it for the first time, the site will almost certainly ask you to Verify your identity by entering a code received by email or SMS. Check it out and access Instagram on PC.
SEE ALSO : How can I see someone’s latest Instagram followers?
What can and cannot be done on Insta with a computer?
Finally, you must be wondering what changes between Instagram PC and instagram on mobile. In truth, not much. you almost have same characteristics in both versions.
What changes between PC and mobile Instagram
You can also send and receive photos and videos, live messages, as in the app. It is also possible see real storiesetc.
It is also possible to publish real ones, see them, but also manage your subscribers on Instagram and your subscriptions. It is also possible Manage your accountyour identifiers, passwords, delete your accountto view your files… just like in the app.
The useful thing is that you can also post to your account via computer. On the other hand, Instagram on PC does not offer there is no possibility to publish stories yet. However, here is how to post a photo or video to your Insta account connected to your PC.
How to post an Insta post on computer?
- Once connected to your Instagram account on PC, as explained above, here’s how to post to your feed. Click on the icon [+] located at the top right of your screen. The icon is between the live (messages) icon and the discover Insta icon.
- A window appears asking you to choose photos or videos. To go “select on computer” to choose your posts or drag them into the window from your PC. You can select multiple to put multiple photos or videos in one post. Like on mobile!
- Then you have the option of cultivation images selected. Once you’re done, click “next” at the top right of the window.
- The following allows you to edit the image by sanctioning filters, settings, etc. Once your post has been edited, click “next” again.
- After that, Instagram on PC will ask you to enter other information such as photo description. you can put there a caption and hashtags for instance. There is also the option to tag people, add a location, etc. Click “share” when you want to post.