(Photo credits: Adobe Stock -)
PARIS, Sept 23 (Reuters) – Stocks to watch on Friday on the Paris Stock Exchange and in Europe:
* SCHNEIDER ELECTRIC SCHN.PA, AVEVA AVV.L – Canadian fund manager Mawer Investment Management, one of Aveva’s largest shareholders, plans to reject Schneider Electric’s £9.5bn (€10.86bn) takeover bid. the Financial Times reported on Friday.
* TF1 TFFP.PA has announced that it will take its dispute with Canal+, a subsidiary of VIVENDI VIV.PA, to the Paris Court of Appeal over the broadcast of its channels within the TNTSat service.
* CREDIT SUISSE CSGN.S finished at a new all-time low in the stock market on Thursday, down 5.49% for the day. According to two sources, the group has contacted some of its shareholders with a view to a possible new capital increase.
* L’OREAL OREP.PA announced Friday that it had signed an agreement to acquire Skinbetter Science, which had sales of more than $95 million in the 12 months ending July 31.
* ESSILORLUXOTTICA ESLX.PA announced on Friday the launch of a share buyback program for a maximum number of 1,500,000 shares, which runs until September 23 but may be extended until March 31.
* RENAULT RENA.PA has proposed a set of exceptional measures to support the purchasing power of its employees in France, who represent more than 1,000 euros net at the end of the year for most of them, two union sources told Reuters.
* ALTEN LTEN.PA on Friday reported an operating profit of €186.9m in the first half compared to €124.2m a year earlier and said it wanted to broaden its growth strategy this year with an external target .
THE 7-DAY AGENDA OF FRANCE AND INTERNATIONAL:
(Written by Marc Angrand and Claude Chendjou, Editing by Sophie Louet and Kate Entringer)